Welcome Back!

The first couple days of school have been busy! We have had a wonderful time getting to know one another and building our classroom community. We are getting used to the routines of our classroom and daily schedule. We have had lots of fun reviewing our kindergarten skills, an author study on Kevin Henkes and starting our Saxon Math Series. I will also be introducing the students to center rotations and parts of Daily Five. Tomorrow will be our first day to attend specials. The students will need to wear their P.E uniform, tennis shoes, and white socks.

This week I will be sending home a take home folder nightly in your child’s book bag with completed work. Please return the folder to school as we will use it throughout the week. I’m working on setting up your child’s binder and they will come home next week after our Back to School Night, so that I can discuss the contents of the binder.

Please continue to send in the Summer Reading & Math homework as well as any paperwork from Open House!

We will also start our First Journeys story next week, What is a Pal? A homework packet will be coming home in your child’s Thursday folder. Please email me if you have any questions regarding the homework packet. I will be going over it as well during our Back to School Night.